As you’ve probably heard from your PR friends, social and blog posts, and webinar invites, it’s Measurement Month!
Once again this September, AMEC has organized a month full of free digital and in-person events to educate communicators on the importance of implementing measurement plans to evaluate the effectiveness of communications campaigns.
Barry Leggetter, CEO of AMEC, told The Measurement Standard that this year’s Measurement Month was on course to be the largest yet.
Leggetter said: “AMEC doesn’t make Measurement Month work – yes we facilitate, encourage and occasionally cajole! However it is our members like CARMA who make Measurement Month a success because they see the value in a month-long global opportunity to showcase measurement and interact with clients and PR and communications professionals.”
The month kicked off with “Measurement Matters!”, a panel co-hosted by CIPR and AMEC to set the scene for the month’s program of events. Featuring speakers such as Leggetter and Ella Minty, Founding Chartered PR Practitioner, the panel opened the discussion about the future of measurement and evaluation.
CARMA, the sponsor of this site, has also been an active participant in Measurement Month events. On September 14, CEO Mazen Nahawi presented on measurement best practices in the social media age. His session covered simplifying measurement by defining objectives connected to organizational goals, measuring social tribes, and using perception analysis.
Additionally, CARMA is sponsoring a webinar about North American PR Measurement Trends in 2017 on September 26 at 2:00PM ET. Co-hosted by Roxane Papagiannopoulos, Managing Director of Media Analysis with CARMA North America, and Jennifer Zingsheim Phillips, Founder of 4L Strategies, the session will cover communications trends from the last year and how to measure them, as well as developments expected to affect communications campaigns in 2018.
With September only half over, the schedule still features plenty of key events to attend. Check out the following to enhance your measurement strategies:
- #PRtalk: On September 19, this Twitter chat will give PR professionals an hour to discuss industry trends and events.
- “Hype and Business: How Media Coverage Earns and Lose Companies Money”: This webinar, occurring on September 19, will explain how PR and related communications activities can affect businesses and their key objectives.
- “Measurement on the Move”: A webinar, taking place on September 29, to discuss the latest measurement trends.
For more information on Measurement Month and a full schedule of events, visit AMEC’s website.
Latest posts by Jordan Gosselin (see all)
- Survey Says: How to Create and Analyze Surveys to Improve Communications Decisions - March 13, 2018
- Big Data vs. Small Data: What’s the Difference and How Can You Use This Information? - February 13, 2018
- Humans vs. Machines: How Communicators Can Use AI - January 12, 2018