By KRC Research—Spring has sprung! With spring cleaning—out with the old, in with the new!—comes making potentially tough choices about brands. Consumers might find themselves in the hot seat with their brand loyalty being tested: Will they remain creatures of habit and stick with their tried and true brand preferences? Or is this the year they finally branch out and try the new brand that crept onto their radar? Who’s more likely to choose quality over cost-effectiveness?
This month’s Poll-of-the-Month welcomes KRC Research’s PulsePoll findings to unpack some of adults’ purchasing behaviors and their drivers:
- A majority of adults digitally spy before they buy.
More than 4 in 5 (83%) admit to scoping out a brand online before making a purchase. With all of the digital information available, including brand reviews and other online comparison tools, only 17% of adults report hardly ever or never using any form of online research to gain insight into a brand before making a buying decision.
- Females utilize friends and family as first-hand brand experience resources.
- 3 in 4 females (76%) admit to asking friends and family about their experiences with a brand before purchasing it themselves.
- Only 64% of males report doing the same.
- Millennials tend to make reputation-based recommendations.
When recommending a brand to friends and family, nearly 1 in 4 Millenials (23%) report that whether or not a brand is well-known is an important factor to consider—making them the generation most likely to consider brand recommendations based on popularity.
- Regionally, not all brand attributes are created equal.
While 85% of adults say good quality is the most important consideration when recommending a brand to friends and family, various regions of the U.S. are split on what other brand attributes are important. Adults living in the:
- Midwest value trendy brands,
- Northeast value high quality brands,
- South value well-known brands, and in the
- West value socially conscious brands.
To learn more about the KRC Pulse Poll, visit: www.krcresearch.com.
Latest posts by KRC Research (see all)
- Poll-of-the Month Knows Your Stand on Brands - April 17, 2017
- Poll of the Month Looks at Allowance and Pay For Grades - March 14, 2017
- ❤️ Poll of the Month Knows How You Met Your Spouse ❤️ - February 14, 2017