Our shortlist of recent interesting articles for December, 2016, mostly related communications measurement and evaluation:
How Effective Is PR?
- Fred Cook: PR Needs More Balls
- Curtis Sparrer at PRNewser asks “How many times must someone see a tech company in the media before they visit that company’s web or mobile site?”
- The answer for consumers: When Does Media Coverage Push People to Visit a Company’s Site?
- The answer for B2B: How Effective Is PR? The B2B Sequel
- The inimitable Alan Kelly suggests ways to save journalism in The Holmes Report: Protecting Our Fourth Estate: The Plunder of Politics and PR
- Slate’s Chrome extension helps identify fake news on Facebook — and lets readers flag it themselves
- Richardo Bilton at Neiman Lab: Reuters built its own algorithmic prediction tool to help it spot (and verify) breaking news on Twitter
- Time to measure robots? Read David Berkowitz in Advertising Age: Multiple Metrics for Measuring Chatbots
- Media analysis better get its emoji on, because now Google does searches with them: You can now get search results by tweeting an emoji to Google
- Priceonomics has analyzed data from the from the front page of Digg to see which publications and authors were making the most popular content: Ranking the Most Popular Writers & Media Sites on the Internet
Facebook, Facebook, Facebook
- Mathew Ingram in Fortune: Here’s Why Facebook’s Repeated Measurement Mistakes Matter
- Facebook hasn’t caught up to Google, but has now passed Comcast and Disney, says The Wrap: Facebook Ad Revenue Has Finally Overtaken Traditional Media
- Jonathan Hunt at NeimanLab: Measurement Companies Get With the Times
- Christopher S. Penn: The Evolution of the Data-Driven Company
Bill Paarlberg co-founded The Measurement Standard in 2002 and was its editor until July 2017. He also edits The Measurement Advisor newsletter. He is editor of the award-winning "Measuring the Networked Nonprofit" by Beth Kanter and Katie Paine, and editor of two other books on measurement by Katie Paine, "Measure What Matters" and "Measuring Public Relationships." Visit Bill Paarlberg's page on LinkedIn.
Latest posts by Bill Paarlberg (see all)
- The Growing Demand for Online Privacy: Will It Hamper Communications Measurement? - July 21, 2017
- What Is the Meaning of Measurement, Part 2 - July 21, 2017
- Great Minds on Measurement: John Cage - July 18, 2017